Peer Recovery Support Services in Tribal Communities
This webinar explores specific models of PRSS implementation within tribal communities, identifies benefits of PRSS as well as common challenges and barriers, examines important considerations related to building comprehensive intervention strategies to respond to alcohol and substance misuse issues in tribal communities including PRSS, and includes a question-and-answer session with tribal PRSS practitioners.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Summarize the core elements of Peer Recovery Support Services (PRSS) and associated benefits
- Describe various models that demonstrate how PRSS can be implemented within tribal communities
- Identify common challenges associated with implementing PRSS in tribal communities
- Summarize best practices for successful implementation of PRSS in tribal communities
Is this training for you?
- Community Corrections Officer
- Court System Personnel
- Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Support
- Tribes/Tribal Partners
View the slide deck that was used during this presentation at https://ncjtc-static.fvtc.edu/resources/RS00729607.pdf.
View the transcript of this webinar at https://ncjtc-static.fvtc.edu/resources/RS00729613.pdf.
July 21, 2021