This information exchange is monitored by COSSUP TTA providers on behalf of the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). Please observe this guidance when using the site:
The COSSUP support team, on behalf of BJA, reserves the right to reject any message it becomes aware of that, in its sole discretion, could subject BJA to liability, violate this policy, or be considered potentially illegal or otherwise inappropriate
- Do not flame. This discussion group aims to facilitate a cooperative atmosphere among professionals holding various viewpoints. Be open and respectful to other members' opinions and experiences.
- Do not slander. Content that may be misconstrued as slanderous in nature should not be posted and will be removed.
- Posts regarding partisan political announcements or ideological groups will be removed.
- Posts from vendors promoting services will be removed. No solicitation for services is permitted.
- Starting a new message: Include a subject heading for easier identification and archive search. Please do not "piggyback" onto an existing topic.
- Submit responses that are both informative and beneficial to the entire group. Do not use this site to convey personal messages.
Identify yourself. Include the following with every message you submit to this exchange:
- Contact information (email and/or phone number)
- Respect copyright. Copyright protects original authorship fixed in tangible form. For works transmitted online, the copyrightable authorship may consist of text, artwork, music, audiovisual material (including any sounds), sound recordings, etc. Any article, story, editorial, essay, review, etc., sent to the message exchange that is not the original work of the sender must either fall within one of the copyright law’s "fair use" options or must identify the original author, the author’s copyright, and a specific indication of the author's permission to publish.