Orleans Parish Reentry Court: Connecting Individuals to Services
How can reentry courts incorporate social services and medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs into court proceedings to assist individuals upon reentry into communities?
This webinar is the second in a series highlighting MAT programs across the justice system. It will feature the Orleans Parish Reentry Court and how it links nonviolent offenders to individualized case management, job skills, MAT paired with cognitive behavioral therapy, and comprehensive wraparound services prior to their release from prison. The webinar will spotlight services that are offered to program participants, as well as cross-system planning and collaboration among stakeholders. Join us to learn how innovative efforts transform reentry to better meet the needs of individuals and how cross-system collaboration can help reduce recidivism and touch multiple intercept points.
Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to describe:
- The importance of cross-system collaboration across the sequential intercepts.
- Services that courts can offer to facilitate the success of individuals who are reentering the community.
- The impact that innovative programs within the courts can have on individuals’ lives.
- Becky Berkebile, Senior Program Associate, Advocates for Human Potential (Host)
- Judge Laurie White, Criminal District Court Parish of Orleans
- Lindsay Jeffrey, Orleans Reentry Court Project Coordinator, Criminal District Court Parish of Orleans
- Chad Sanders, Case Manager, Orleans Reentry Court, Criminal District Court Parish of Orleans
- Troy Delone, Case Manager, Orleans Reentry Court, Criminal District Court Parish of Orleans
To view a PDF version of the slide deck that was used during this presentation, click here.