About The Forum
The 2023 COSSUP National Forum’s theme is COSSUP: Championing the Power of Recovery and Hope. Session topics include:
- Maximizing resources through multidisciplinary partnerships, including law enforcement/first responder collaborations.
- Post-arrest interventions for individuals with a substance use disorder, including pre-trial diversion, jail-based medication-assisted treatment, and continuum of care services upon reentry.
- The unique value and role of peer recovery support services across the sequential intercept model.
- The use of specialized data tools and processes to address drug use, including overdose fatality reviews (OFRs), prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs), and the Overdose Detection Mapping Application Program (ODMAP).
- Treatment best practices and spotlight programs, including BJA’s Residential Substance Abuse Treatment for State Prisoners Program.
- Projects and strategies to support specific communities, including Indian Country, rural America, and families and children—the youngest victims of the crisis.
- Safeguarding the health and well-being of colleagues on the front lines of the epidemic.
Throughout the event, attendees will have opportunities to ask panelists questions, engage in mentoring opportunities, and network with peers.
Tuesday, August 29
Opening Day of Forum
Wednesday, August 30
Second Day of Forum
Thursday, August 31
Final Day, Closing Day of Forum
Forum resources can be viewed using the button below.Resources